Plan Your Visit to Sebastopol
What to Do
It depends on what interests you. Sebastopol is known for
- Its foodie orientation
- Its creative people and events
- Its emphasis on wellness and healing
- Its proximity to nature
Want to know when to visit?
We have many delightful yearly festivals. Here are a few to whet your whistle:
- Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival
- Blue Grass Festival (Sebastopol Community Cultural Center)
- Apple Blossom Festival
- Ukelele Festival (Sebastopol Community Cultural Center)
- Guys Can Cook Too (Amateur Chef Competition)
- Blossoms, Bees and Barnyard Babies
- Art at the Source (Open Studio Tour)
- Enmanji Temple’s Teriyaki Barbeque
- Gravenstein Apple Fair
- Tour D’Organics bike ride
- Weekend along the Farm Trails
- Sebastopol Cajun Zydeco Festival
- Art Trails (Open Studio Tour)
- Calabash: A Celebration of Gourds, Art and the Garden
- Farm to Fork Fall Feast
- Lighting of the Christmas Tree (Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce)
- Guitar Festival (Sebastopol Community Cultural Center)
- Red Carpet Wine Walk and Academy Awards Screening (Food for Thought)
Pick your pleasure. We love our town and are happy to share its unique qualities with you.
Where to Stay
Consider Sebastopol your ideal spot for a weekend getaway, or home base for a longer stay with day trips to the coast and redwoods. Sebastopol boasts a variety of lodging options including hotels, inns, farm stays and Air BNB.
What to Eat
Sebastopol is a Foodie Paradise! Many of our restaurants pride themselves on their farm-to-table local sourcing of fruits and vegetables, meats, cheeses, breads and spirits. Whether you are looking for organic, raw, vegan or gluten-free, from fast food to candlelight dinners, we have it all!
For dining options, check out:
- Family-style restaurants
- California cuisine
- Mexican food
- Mediterranean delights
- Asian delicacies
As for drink, there are taverns and microbreweries, wine tasting rooms and a local distillery. Special ciders are made from our heritage Gravenstein apple. You can also sample specialty teas and coffee at local tea and coffee houses, many of which have fair trade, organically grown selections. Refreshing smoothies are also available.
For unique after-dinner treats, indulge yourself at one of our favorite dessert stores.
The Farmer’s Market and the Barlow Street Fair (summertime only) offer a great variety of food truck vendors.
Where to Shop:
Sebastopol is filled with independent, locally owned, unique and creative businesses. Check out our Historic Downtown with its vintage buildings and eclectic charm. Or mosey in The Barlow, our make-sell development where you can meet the creators of the wares for sale. There are artisans, art studios, antiques, jewelry, clothing and fashion, new or gently used, shoe stores, home decor stores, and bicycle stores. We have independent stores specialized in gifts, books, art supplies, music, and toys. And on Sundays we have the Farmer’s Market with food and hand-crafted items from herbs to yarns to baskets and drums.